.np Domain Registration
The .np domain name is Nepal’s country code top-level domain (ccTLD). Register your .np domain and create a professional web page, a personal website, a blog, or an online portal. We will help you to register a .np domain.
Register a Free .com.np Domain with Webtech Nepal
Are you planning to register a free .np domain in Nepal? If yes, we will guide you on registering a .com.np domain for your business in Nepal. The .np Domain registration is free of cost and is registered on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Mercantile Communication Pvt. Ltd maintains the .np domain registration in Nepal. The .np domain is the country code top-level domain (ccTLD), reserved for a country, sovereign state, or dependent territory identified with a country code. You can choose .np domain according to your choice and business. You can not buy and sell .np domains; they can be registered free from the portal of Nepal’s official .np Domain Registration (register.com.np).
What is the .np domain?
The .np domain is Nepal’s official domain, the Internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for Nepal. To register the .np domain requires a local presence in Nepal and is also expected to be for names based directly on a company or organization name or a product brand name.
Who can register .np domains?
The .np domains are only available to Nepalese residents and businesses with a physical address in the country. Domain registrations under .np ccTLD are free of cost and registered on a first-come-first-serve basis, but terms and conditions apply. It protects Nepalese with a legitimate local business from having their .np domain taken by a person or company that does not have a real presence in Nepal.
Why choose the .np domain?
The .np domain names are becoming increasingly popular in Nepal, where the market is rapidly expanding, and many businesses are taking advantage of this opportunity to establish themselves there. The .np domain extension is a country code TLD (top-level domain) that can register a domain within Nepal.
Required Documents to register .np domain
For official request
- Enter the required domain and click on the “Search” button for availability.
- If the domain is available for registration. Click on “Register Now” for the further process. And if not then search again for the available domain name.
- On the login page enter the email and your desired password for registration.
- Fill up the following details and click to “Create Accounts”
- Check your email for verification
- Sign in with your new account, fill the form with the details and attach the required documents. We accept jpg, png, jpeg, gif file extensions with a maximum of 800 kilobytes.
- Wait for the approval
NOTE:- A company/organization can only select domain names based on the company/organization’s name, product’s name, service’s name, and brand name. Required documents for .np registration
- In case of local entities –
- certificate of registration of company/firm/partnership/organization.
- In case of foreign entities registered in Nepal –
- certificate of registration of branch or liaison office or
- certificate of affiliation with Social Welfare Council.
- In the case of non-incorporated entities doing business in Nepal such as Permanent Establishments or Non-incorporated Joint Venture Entities
- PAN registration certificate.
- In case of any entities (local or foreign) having business interests in Nepal –
- certificate of trademark registration in Nepal or
- official filing receipt of trademark application issued by the Department of Industry (to be supported with actual trademark registration certificate within 3 years of domain registration)
For personal request
- Same as above
- Nepalese citizenship or passport or driving license or voter’s card or
- Non-Resident-Nepalese ID Card or
- Nepalese resident visa for foreign nationals
NOTE:- A personal domain name should be based only on the applicant’s name as mentioned in the below documents:-
Available .np domains for registration
|This is an open ccTLD; any person or entity is permitted to register. Though originally intended for for-profit business entities, for a number of reasons it became the “main” ccTLD for domain names and is currently used by all types of entities including nonprofits, schools and private individuals. Domain name registrations may be challenged if the holder cannot prove an outside relation justifying reservation of the name, to prevent “squatting”.
|The .coop.np ccTLD is limited to cooperatives.
|The .edu.np ccTLD is limited to specific educational institutions such as, but not limited to, primary schools, middle schools, secondary schools, colleges, and universities.
|The .gov.np ccTLD is limited to Nepal governmental entities and agencies.
|This is an open ccTLD; any person or entity is permitted to register.
|The .mil.np ccTLD is limited to use by the Nepal military.
|Individuals, by name
|This is an open ccTLD; any person or entity is permitted to register; however, registrations may be challenged later if they are not by individuals (or the owners of fictional characters) in accordance with the domain’s charter.
|For use by domains pointing to a distributed network of computers, or “umbrella” sites that act as the portal to a set of smaller websites.
|For use by non-profit organizations, and still primarily used by same.
Webtech Nepal is a software and website development company in Nepal that can transform your ideas into a new force that drives your organization.